The winners and medalists of the first day say
On the official website of the Yariguin's tournament http://kraysport.ru/tournaments?id=19 you can find the videos of all final fights of the first day. And now the winners and medalists are sharing their feelings.
Zaur Uguev (RUS), 1st place, 57 kg:
- I play in the tournament for the first time. The most difficult fight was in the final. I fought with my opponent three times and lost but now I took a revenge. I managed to win by counterattacks. I haven’t participated in competitions for 2 years, won today – and I don’t know how to explain my feelings. This is incredible, I’m so happy I’m back.
Yui Susaki (JPN), 1st place, 48 kg:
- Today, more than ever, I tried not to give up! I concentrated and won. I came to Russia for the first time this year and I saw a lot of strong candidates, so the fight was difficult.
Aisuluu Tinibekova (KGZ), 1st place, 58 kg:
- I was a silver-prize holder at Krasnoyarsk tournament before, but this year I was well prepared. There were no difficult opponents for me! Probably, the experience played its part. All the competitors are younger than me. I never met my opponent in the final before (Veronika Chumikova – Russia - editor's note), but I wasn’t afraid of her, because I have more experience, so I was very calm when I walked on the mat. I participated in Olympics in Rio-de-Janeiro, where I fought with an Indian athlete and failed. I was so upset… But today I’ve decided to win whatever it takes!
Kattsuki Sakagami (JPN), 1st place, 60 kg:
- I came to the Yariguin's tournament for the first time. Your football arena is a very big building, very illuminated, and the opening ceremony was incredible! The last round in the final was difficult, because my opponent was very strong. But Japanese girls take a lot of training and we cannot give up. Thanks to hard trainings I managed to stand up for Japanese athletes.
Yuliya Prontsevich (RUS, Krasnoyarsk region), 2nd place, 60 kg:
Unfortunately, I couldn’t win at this tournament as I did last year. I apologize to everyone who supported me and to coaches. The circumstances were so. In the final I rushed. I reacted to the last strike but not well enough. I will keep working!
Tamira Mensah (USA), 1st place, 69 kg:
- This is a very serious tournament for me and it is also the first one I win. I train every day. The most difficult opponent for me was the one I fought in the final. Actually, I enjoyed myself so much, I’m happy I’ve come here. I like how the tournament is organized, every process is tuned, the schedule is intense, no hitches. On the opening ceremony I was inspired by all the attention you pay to free-style wrestling, you love the sport we’re in so much. I’m overwhelmed with emotions!